The MG10 Series features Toshiba’s fourth-generation, 10-disk Helium-sealed design to advance Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) density to 2TB per disk, achieving a total capacity up to 20TB.The industry-standard 3.5-inch form-factor provides 7200rpm performance, and integrates easily into cloud-scale storage infrastructure, business-critical servers and storage, and File and Object storage solutions.
The massive 20TB CMR capacity is delivered using Toshiba’s innovative Flux Control Microwave Assisted Magnetic Recording (FC-MAMR™) technology. These advances help the MG10 Series to achieve optimum storage capacity and application compatibility, with unsurpassed data reliability. Available with a SATA 6.0Gbit/s interface, the MG10 Series models integrate easily into standard 3.5-inch drive bays to help reduce the footprint and operational burden of cloud-scale storage infrastructure, File and Object storage systems, and business critical servers and storage systems.
|Buffer Size||512 MiB|
|Rotation Speed||7200 rpm|
|Maximum Data Transper Speed
|MTTF/MTBF(AFR)||2 500 000 h(0.35%)|
- Product image may represent a design model.
- Definition of capacity: One terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes, but storage capacity actually available may vary depending on operating environment and formatting. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- A mebibyte (MiB) means 1 048 576 bytes.
- MTTF / MTBF ( Mean Time to Failure / Mean Time Between Failure ) is not a guarantee or estimate the product life; it is a statistical value related to mean failure rates for a large number of products which may not accurately reflect actual operation. The actual product life of the product may vary.
- Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- SIE: Sanitize Instant Erase. SIE is a function to invalidate the data recorded on the magnetic disks at a blink.
- SED supports TCG Enterprise SSCs.
- The HDDs which have any security function may not be available in the countries where the use of such HDDs is prohibited or limited due to export control and local regulations.
- “3.5-inch” mean the form factor of HDDs. They do not indicate drive’s physical size.
- Workload is a measure of the data throughput of the year, and it is defined as the amount of data written, read or verified by commands from the host system.